Postgraduate education (PhD)
Postgraduate Training Program
Requirements for admission of foreign citizens to Postgraduate Training Program
The main conditions for admission of a foreign citizen to complete Postgraduate Training Program is possession of a Master’s Diploma; Students who has obtained appropriate education not in Ukraine, during admission to the Postgraduate Training Program should submit documents which have passed nostrification procedure in the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Application for admission to Postgraduate Training Program must be addressed to the Vice-rector of NTUU “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” on Scientific Work.
The application shall have attached thereto:
- application form (blank form is issued by the Postgraduate and Doctoral Department of the NTUU “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”);
- 3,5х4,5см. photo (3 pcs.).
- a copy of the diploma specifying the obtained Master’s degree, notarized at the place of study;
- photocopy of the attachment (s) to the Diploma (s) from the first year (those who have Diploma "with distinction" do not need to enclose the copy of application);
- abstract of a record of proceedings at meeting of the Academic Council of the Faculty/Institute with recommendation for admission to Postgraduate Training Program (must be submited only by graduates of 2012, who was recommended by Academic Councils of faculties/institutes for admission to Postgraduate Training Program), all other applicants – do not provide anything;
- list of publications and inventions, certified by the Head of Department at the domicile, (as well as copies of 2-3 publications) or an abstract on the chosen specialty. List of publications or abstract need to be provided with a written conclusion (review) of the intended supervisor based on the results of the interview, essay or research papers;
- medical health certificate;
- passport and diploma (original) need to be handed in personally.
Post Graduate Program entrants passes through competitive examination on such disciplines:
- test in the major subject;
- foreign language (Ukrainian or Russian);
Entrance exams to Post Graduate Program are conducted in September –October.
- Course Duration – 4 years, full-time education.
Postgraduate education is an improvement of specialized education and training of persons by deepening and expanding and updating its professional knowledge and skills, or an obtaining of an another specialty based on the previously obtained educational qualification level and experience.
Postgraduate education "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" includes:
- Second Higher Education;
- Professional development.
In NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" organizing and conducting training program of the postgraduate education is provided by the Educational-methodical complex "Institute of Postgraduate Education"
Second Higher Education. This is an acquiring of the new knowledge and obtaining of the new skills by individuals who already have a university degree, in areas and specialties accredited in NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute". Duration 2-3 years. Graduates receive a state diploma and Diploma Supplement European model.
The most popular areas such / specialty are as follows: Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Security, Enterprise Economics, International Economics, Marketing, Economic Cybernetics, Management, Innovation Management, Administrative Management, Philology (translation), Thermal Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Printing and Publishing business Electrical and the like. Detailed information on obtaining the second higher education and each specialty is online.
Professional development. This is a getting additional knowledge and skills to expand the professional opportunities and the career growth. Training programs to improve the skills are different subjects, duration of training and graduation document certifying the successful completion of the study:
- Training programs of scientific and pedagogical workers NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" and other universities. The volume of training - 108 academic hours, the document after graduation - certificate of professional development of state sample
- Programs of professional development - a large number of already developed programs, as well as the possibility of developing new programs for the customer. The volume of training - 72 academic hours, the document after graduation - certificate of professional development of state sample
- Training programs for power engineers. The volume of training - 72 academic hours, the document after graduation - certificate of professional development of state sample
- Short-term training programs in the form of seminars and trainings. The volume of training - up to 72 academic hours, the document after graduation - certificate EMC "Institute of Postgraduate Education" NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute»
Training programs of postgraduate education are provided in all accredited in NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" fields and professions and implemented by experienced teachers and highly qualified specialists in various branches of economy of Ukraine.
Listeners postgraduate programs can be persons who have already received the educational qualification of "junior specialist", "bachelor" or "master" in universities II-IV accreditation levels, senior students of higher educational institutions.
Students have the right to use the material basis NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" (premises, computer and office equipment, Internet), in accordance with the approved schedule of training. They are provided with educational materials and access to information resources relevant subjects (distance learning courses, tests, tasks, e-textbooks, laboratory work).
Education for postgraduate studies are financed entirely by the customers (individuals and legal entities) on the basis of the contract.